Welcome to St. Thomas' Anglican Church, Belleville.
The story of our parish began on Dec. 26, 1818, when several prominent citizens of the area petitioned the Lieutenant-Governor of Upper Canada to grant them a plot of land on which to build an “Episcopal” church. The Upper Canada Land Petition requested “the whole or part of the Lots between Church Street and Rear [John] Street].” At this time Belleville had only 150 residents. The Rev. Thomas Campbell, born in Northern Ireland, arrived the next year.read more
The tour begins at the west (main) door to the church
A Narthex (west entrance to church)
- Look up at the Regimental window above the door. It depicts the badge of the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment. St. Thomas' is the garrison church.
- On the left – plaque about dedication of Regimental window 1984
- download complete tour information below
|NAME||DESCRIPTION||TYPE OF FILE|
|A Tour of the Interior of St. Thomas' Church||Downloadable Files||Download|