Announcements – May 21 - 27, 2017
Meetings up and coming:
The church office will be closed on Monday, May 22 for the Victoria Day holiday.
1. Staff Meeting- no staff meeting
2. Brownies – Mon. May 22nd 6:00 – 7:30 pm
3. Zen Meditation – Mon. May 22nd 7 pm
4. Stitchers & Knitters– Tues. May 23rd 9 am- noon
5. Regional Children’s Choir – Tues. May 23rd 5:30 -7:30 pm
6. Wednesday EUCHARIST – May 24th 9:30 am
7. Quinte Youth Chorale – Wed. May 24th 5:30 – 8:30 pm
8. Fabric, Yarn, Garden Tools & craft supplies SALE- Fri. May 26th
4 – 6:30pm
9. Fabric, Yarn, Garden Tools and craft supplies SALE -Sat. May 27th
8 am – 1 pm
Coming events/ Activities
1. We would like to thank Carl Matchim for his work in repairing our flower boxes and making new flower boxes for the front entrance of the church. They are a great addition.
2. Thank you to the flower garden volunteers who are busily tilling the soil and planting for the 2017 season. We appreciate that people were willing to come forward to carry on the work to beautify our property that was started by Catherine Hall.
3. Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped with setting up, preparing and serving the Lasagna meal as well as the volunteers who stayed to clean up. We appreciated all of the donations and all of the support from our parishioners for our first Lasagna Supper.
Fabric, Yarn, Garden Tools and craft supplies SALE
Start saving these items to donate for our sale being held on Friday,
May 26 (4 - 6:30 pm)and Saturday, May 27 (8 am – 1 pm).
Raffle tickets are being sold on a choice of small quilts to be drawn on
May 30th. Tickets: 1 for $2.00 or 3 for $5.00.
We are in need of a clean-up crew after the sale on Saturday. If you are interested in helping please see Sandra Mouland after the church
service. Thank you.
**Please note: Beginning Sunday, June 18th the nursery will be open but
BIBLE BOOK CLUB
The Bible Book Club continues to THRIVE! We will be starting to read
the bible from cover to cover after Easter.
We meet Monday 11:00 to 12:00 noon at Christ Church.
This year we selected a modern version of the Bible, “The Message”. It is
available in large print from our bookstore for $50.00 including taxes.
I cannot guarantee Judges or Lamentations will be easier to understand,
but we will persevere. Everyone is welcome.
Please call: Deacon Kate Ann 613-827-3471 or
Christ Church 613-968-3478 St. Thomas’ Church 613-962-3636
Brunch – There will be a Sunday Brunch served after the May 28th
10:30 am service. Come and join us for eggs, ham, hash browns,
homemade beans and biscuits!
For those 80 years young plus, the Spring Eucharist & Tea is being held
on Thursday, June 8 from 2-4 pm. Invitations have been sent out. If you have
not received one please let the church office or Bonnie Dobson know.
Please let the church office know if you are able/not able to attend the tea.
Sharpening Services- Bob Owen is willing to sharpen your garden and
lawn tools as well as your knives and other blades so please bring them
into the church office. There is a price list on the Parish Activities bulletin
board and Bob is donating those fees back to the church.
Summer Camp: Financial assistance for children at St. Thomas’ or associated with St. Thomas’ is available from the Janet Hoyer Memorial Fund and the David Schofield Fund in order to assist with paying camp fees. Our intent is to provide financial assistance for all children who need it. We will accept an application for one camp session per child per summer. All information will remain confidential.
To be eligible to apply for funding assistance children must be attending a camp run by St. Thomas’ or a camp that is a member of the Ontario Camps Association or Christian Camping International. Applications can be picked up at St. Thomas’ Church office. The deadline for applications is June 15th
Applications will be accepted after the date only under special circumstances.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by June 24th.
Kiwanis Chicken Barbecue
It's that time of year again. The BBQ is Wednesday, June 7 and the meal includes 1/2 chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, roll and butter. Eat in at the Quinte Curling Club or take home. Tickets $13 in advance or $15 at the door. Belinda, John de
Salis and Bonnie Dobson have tickets for sale.
New Harassment Policy
The Diocese of Ontario has a new policy on harassment in the workplace which is being reviewed with each committee/team
at St. Thomas’. It will be posted on the bulletin board for all to
CDC (Community Development Council) will be holding their Level 2 cooking classes here at St. Thomas’ on Friday, June 2nd from 10 am until 1 pm.
The classes are for those using their Good Food Boxes as well as all community members. If you are interested in attending please contact Bev Heuving at
613-968-2466 or email@example.com
Music Events: Please see Music Board for event